Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanks

I try at least once a week to list Joys/Blessings/Things I'm Thankful for in my journal.  It is something that was suggested to us at the training in Colorado last January and it is a really good practice for me to continue to focus on those little (or big!) blessings.  Facebook has exploded as of late with "thankful" status updates, and this is a very welcome change from posts about the Giants winning the World Series (Boo!) or anti-Obama (or Romney) posts that were over-abundant for a while.  Lately I've been really looking forward to my California visit in a month and it's been more of a challenge to stay engaged here in Costa Rica.  It's been over 8 months since I've seen my family and friends, and I'm really eager to see them!  But focusing on the good things here and now is a way for me to continue to take one day at a time and love on the kids here.

An excerpt of my blessings/thanks as of late:
  • Getting a video of my healthy, happy, overachiever little niece Kate Annmarie who brings so much joy to my family
  • Friends Karissa, Karis and Emily who are here to serve with us for a while- they have been a blessing to my heart and an answer to prayer for friends during this season
  • Wednesday 1/2 priced movies at the local theater (can't beat $3 new released movies!)
  • Encouraging visit from fellow SI friends Lowell and Cheryl, serving in Nicaragua
  • My car and all the freedom and convenience that it brings
  • Good communication and teamwork with my co-worker Jose
  • Kids who LOVE to read at the Tutoring Center
  • Fun English class students who want to continue learning from me
  • "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28
If you are in need of some encouragement during a challenging season of life, I'd encourage you to take some time to write out some blessings and things you are thankful for, no matter how small.  :)
As a first grade teacher at heart, this brings me much joy.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love ya Tara K!!! I hope I get to see you while you are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete