Monday, January 16, 2012

Answers to Prayer

Today begins a new adventure in my path to Costa Rica.  For the next three weeks I will be at a training facility in the Colorado Springs area to learn how to be a missionary.  Well, not exactly "how" but we will be having a lot of sessions on how to move to, live in, and minister in a new culture.  I don't know a lot more about what to expect besides that, but I'm trusting and praying that God will teach me and grow in me in the ways that I need to be taught and grown (I don't know if that is the way to say that :).  I arrived a bit early to the airport so while I'm waiting for the shuttle service, I thought I'd update my blog.

The past few weeks there have been many answers to prayer, some huge answers, and some not as big, but all blessings just the same.  First of all, the fact that I'm going to my missionary training during this January session rather than the February session I originally thought is a huge answer to prayer.  Now I will be able to train with some of the other Students International new staffers going to Nicaragua, as well as be back in California for the birth of my brother's first son or daughter.  I am so thrilled that I won't be out of state (or the country) for that special event in our family.

A GIGANTIC answer to prayer is that as of this past week, I am fully funded with my monthly support!!  I had three more dear friends join my support team, and I am just so blessed to know that my monthly goal of $2000 has been met!  Praise Him because I know it's nothing that I have done to earn or deserve this.

A smaller blessing, but important just the same, is a special gift that was given to me by my dear girlfriends.  They were thinking ahead to my need to become fluent in Spanish and so they pooled together and bought me a side by side Spanish/English Bible!  It was perfect timing because I had just that very day been thinking about getting a new Bible to replace my falling apart one and start this new chapter of life with.  What a special and very appropriate gift that was.

I anticipate that I will be updating my blog more frequently over the next three weeks while I'm in Colorado.  I would cherish your prayers as God teaches and molds me in the ways that are needed.

Below I'm posting two pics; one of me and two of the fantastic ladies that are going to be joining the Costa Rica staff a few months after I do (thanks for the picture, Rose! :) and then the other of a trip to Yosemite with my friends for New Years Eve.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for all of these answers to prayer! Especially that Aunt Tara will be here in February :)

    ReplyDelete