Sunday, January 22, 2012

Colorado

A week of class has passed by, and lots of thinking, processing and praying to go along with that.  Rather than get into all the deep things that I've been learning and talking about, I thought I'd post some pictures of the pretty places I got to visit yesterday.  It was a wonderful change to get out in nature after being contained in a building (albeit a very nice building) for the past five days straight.  A few of us were joking that it felt like we were in a really nice prison with yummy food, which is far from the truth; but for an independent lady like me, staying in one place for three weeks with no car of my own can feel a bit constraining. 
A view of Pike's Peak from about 11,000 feet.  That's as far as we could go up because of the extreme wind.    

New friends Austin and Jill, part of the Students International staff in Nicaragua. 
  
Beautiful frozen lake
We debated whether this was the "Sleeping Giant" rock formation, but I'm sticking to a yes.  Can you see him? :)
More cool rock formations at Garden of the Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment