Monday, April 9, 2012

Recording my joys

No, it´s not Thanksgiving time, but who says you can´t post a blog about being thankful in April?  Rather than go on and on like I sometimes can on here, I´m just going to mention a few things that I´m especially thankful for recently. One thing that I learned at my SPLICE training in January is that making a regular habit of "recording my joys" is very helpful in maintaining a thankful spirit.  I´ve been trying to do that on a daily (or every other day) basis.  So for today, Monday, the day after Easter, here´s my list:
  • living in 2012 were there is the capability to communicate with people via video chat over the internet (ie. my brother, sister in law, and my sweet niece)
  • reading the verse today that said "Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever" and finding great comfort in that  
  • clean water to drink in Costa Rica
  • my gym has zumba classes for me to take!! HOORAY!!
  • praising the Lord, in Spanish, on Easter Sunday and (bonus!) knowing a lot of the songs we sang in English
  • discovering that I can still "check out" e-books from the tulare county library website for my kindle from over here
  • the joy of opening an encouraging card daily from someone I miss at home, and most recently, from many of my beloved junior girls from Neighborhood Church
  • watching "The Passion of the Christ" with my host family and being able to talk about some of the biblical truths found there
  • and finally, resees peanut butter eggs to eat on Easter. :)  sometimes it´s the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment