Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oh how things have changed!

As I was eating lunch at the food court here at the mall in Desamparados after church I was thinking about all the things about me that have changed since a year ago. Some of them are silly changes, some obvious, and some a little deeper. I'm going to take this opportunity (and free wifi connection) to document some of them.
-I started painting my own fingernails on a regular basis.
-I drink coffee once, often twice a day. Last year I had never had a cup of coffee.
- I no longer get highlights in my hair.
- I read books on a kindle rather than a "real" paper book. Not sure how I feel about that.
- I am no longer employed by Fowler Unified School District.
- I prefer watching English tv programs with Spanish subtitles.
- I am a student rather than a teacher (for the time being).
- I am a first time aunt!
- I read the Bible in both Spanish and English in my awesome bilingual Bible.
- I no longer live in the USA (obviously)
- and everyday I am challenged to think, speak, act and understand in a language and culture that is different than my home culture.

Despite all that, I was reminded today at church that Jesus is the same in Costa Rica as he is in California. He loves his children wherever they are in the world, and He is praised in whatever language spoken by his children. It may seem as though most everything around me has changed in this past year, but praise God that he hasn't (and won't!) Now may I remember that and trust in God's constancy and unchanged nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment