Saturday, September 15, 2012

6 months later

Last week marked my 6 month in Costa Rica so I figured I'd write a list of things that are part of my life now that weren't 6 months ago:
There are 4-5 men I say hello to daily on my walk home, most of them my dad's age or older
I'm proficient at cutting both a fresh pineapple and fresh mangoes
I sometimes forget a word in English and can only think of it in Spanish
I've tried surfing and would consider trying it again in the future
Have not driven a car in over 6 months
Can give (simple) directions to a person in my neighborhood if it is asked of me
Know which grocery store to go to to buy Dr. Pepper
Carry tissues and hand sanitizer with me at all times because you just never know
Am no longer frightened by cockroaches and calmly get the Raid can whenever they show their nasty little faces
And I have never once gotten lost despite my fears and request for prayers regarding my (lack of) direction and spatial intelligence. Hopefully that won't change when I get a car!

We'll see what changes are ahead in the next 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment