Sunday, March 18, 2012

First paseo (or day trip) in Costa Rica!

Hola de Costa Rica!  I wanted to post a few pictures to show my host family and some of the beautiful places I got to see when they took me on a paseo last Sunday.  I have been blessed with a host family who really wants to make me feel included, feed me well :), and show me some of their beautiful country.  My brain is full of Spanish from all the wonderful conversations we have had already.  Por ejemplo, I have tried to explain about being on a jury and about I came to be a part of Students International, all in Spanish.  Needless to say, I am making a ton of mistakes, but also learning a lot about the language, culture, and comida tipica (common meals eaten by Costa Ricans).  Language school starts on Monday and I look forward to having a daily schedule and starting to learn in the classroom setting.

My host sisters and I

Host family minus dad

  
The whole family!

  
Dancing together at the ferria

No comments:

Post a Comment