Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello, Goodbye

(HELLO) I would like to introduce the newest addition to the clan: Kate Annmarie Frantz!  My brother and sister in law's baby was born on Saturday morning at 12:45am and I was so blessed to be able to be there for the big event.  Once again, the Lord's timing has just been amazing and it was so special to be able to attend my goodbye party thrown by my friends and then leave in time to get to the hospital before she arrived that same night.  Below are some pictures of her:



(GOODBYE)This past week I have said goodbye to so many people that I feel emotionally exhausted.  In my SPLICE program we talked about the importance of saying "good goodbyes" with the people in our lives.  Thursday night was a special time of prayer and gift giving with my ladies that I've been meeting with on a weekly basis.  I received a photo book filled with photos of adventures and life lived over the past six years.  They also gifted me with a beautiful green camel-back backpack to help keep me hydrated on future hikes and outdoor adventures.  :)  

Friday night we had an open house for friends and church members from Visalia and then an after party of thai food and Beatles rockband.  It was so fun to see friends from high school, college, youth group students, Costa Rica teammates from last summer, and other.  Saturday I met my niece as mentioned above and then had a dinner with my extended family.  They were so wonderful and blessed me with tri-tip, brownies, zweibok, and a time of prayer for me.  I am leaving knowing that I have a strong and supportive network of prayer and encouragement in the form of family.

Sunday was when I was prayed for on stage and also was celebrated at youth group.  My junior girls group was very sweet and blessed me with a delicious dinner and time of hanging out and saying goodbye together.  This group is a hard group to say goodbye to, but I know that I will be seeing a good chunk of them in July when the youth group comes to work with my staff and me in Costa Rica!

Being prayed for on stage at Neighborhood Church.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment