Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Gifts of Love

Today is May 1st, also known as May Day, and apparently, National Workers Day.  I actually don't know what today is called in English, but here in Costa Rica its called Dia del Trabajador.  I don't think I'd ever really heard about it until a few weeks ago, but Costa Rica celebrates it, and thus, I have no school today.  :)  

I was looking around my bedroom this morning and thinking that it's been a long time since I've had a place to truly call "my own."  I moved out of the house I'd lived in for 3 years, then I moved in with Annie, and now I've been living in my host family's home.  I think the "unsettledness" of not having a place where I can really unpack my things has been difficult.  I have two weeks left living with my host family and going to language school.  While it's been a really wonderful experience and I have been learning SO MUCH everyday, I'm looking forward to being able to unpack my suitcases and stay awhile.  

On the flip side, as I was looking around my room this morning, I noticed how many things I have that have been given to me out of love from friends and family.  I took photos of them to document my "gifts of love" and I'd like to share them.

Tim Tebow wasn't a gift :) but the journal is from Erin, the bilingual Bible from my girl friends, Jesus Calling from my counselor at MTI and the Spanish Bible from Cindy.

Deck of cards with "love notes" from my jr. girls, calendar from Malaga friends, heart box from Sofia, picture of jr. girls and me from Kaitlyn, and my pile of cards from lots of friends and family members.

My Tom's shoes that I wear ALL the time from my Malaga friends, and the pillow case made especially for me by my aunt.

Picture frame from Britni, note from Noel, and a very special photo book from my girl friends.



I have more special gifts that are still packed in my suitcase and will be displayed and used once I move in with Cailah.  I don't want to sound like I'm all about having "stuff" because that's not really it.  Sure, having stuff is fun, but it's what the stuff represents (or who they represent) that matters more.  Thanks to all the special people in my life for the visuals of your love and encouragement of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment