Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lately

I've been here over 5 months now and sometimes it feels like longer and sometimes like it has been only a brief time.  I try to make this blog about my journey and the adventure that God has me on, and I would be lying to say that every day is full of excitement and sunshine.  Sometimes it resembles more closely the rain that is literally falling from the sky as I type this.  I guess in order to keep it real, I thought I would name some of the things and people that I have been missing lately.
Dad and Mom, Peter Toni and Baby Kate, and Aaron
My grandparents, especially Grandpa Roger who is with Jesus
Visalia and all the friends that are there
Neighborhood Church, especially the youth group students
California in general and friends spread out from San Diego up to Manteca
Target, WinCo, Healthy Japan and Chipotle
My Mazda
Malaga School and my "family" there

I knew coming here that I was leaving all of these special people and places behind, and I am so thankful for the Internet as a way to keep in communication quite easily most days, but that doesn't mean that I don't wish some days I had my girlfriends to go to dinner with or could go over and hold my niece.  I'd ask that you'd pray for me in this, that I would continue to feel the Lord's peace and contentment on a daily basis.  And also that I would continue to grow and strenghten the relationships that I'm building here, with my fellow SI teammates and with the kids that I work with in Los Guido.  I also pray that God would bring new friends into my life that I could spend time with and invest in as well.

On the flipside, we had an SI family dinner at my house last night and had a great time together!  I am thankful for what a fun and godly group of people they are.  Here are a few pictures from our "stripes" themed party.



No comments:

Post a Comment